Charles Kimbell offers a full management service which includes:
- Advertising of your property, using the Internet (Rightmove, On The Market and own Website), Social Media & To Let Boards.
- Full referencing of applicants resulting in a *rent guarantee warranty, the cost of which is included in our fees (*subject to terms and conditions).
- Drawing up a tenancy agreement and taking a deposit (and placement in a government approved scheme) and receiving the first months rent.
- Checking and countersigning an inventory of the property, in and out, and contacting utility companies (except BT) to have the names changed and notify meter readings.
- Ongoing management of the property dealing with any maintenance problems the tenants encounter during their time at the property.
Once the property has been let Charles Kimbell’s services continue with:
- Rent collection - the balance of which, less any deductions, is transferred directly to your account, using the BACS system.
- Inspections - internally and externally and reporting to the landlord.
- Liaising with tenants re maintenance and organising repairs in consultation with the landlord and overseeng the annual gas safety checks.
This includes advertising your property and finding a tenant, fully referencing them, drawing up the tenancy agreements and then handing over to the landlord at the commencement of the tenancy.
Under separate negotiation we can add “extras” to the above such as inventories, placement of the deposit, inspections and rent collection (if for example a landlord goes abroad for a period of time).
An Energy Performance Certificate is required by law to advertise a property for rent, which we can arrange at the very competitive rate of £72.00 inc VAT. Please contact us for details.
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information.
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Charles Kimbell International 'The Agent')
Holding Deposit: Not applicable
Deposit: Equivalent to 5 weeks' rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Changes to the tenancy agreement: £48 inclusive of vat
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent will be charged at 3% above the Bank of England base rate for each day that the payment is outstanding. The late payment will be made on day fourteen but charged from day one.
Charge for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices: Evidenced cost of replacement
In event of early termination of a tenancy if requested by the tenant, and approved by the landlord, the costs will be reasonable and evidence based and agreed, contact the agent for details.
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
- Utilities - gas, electricity, water, supply of oil
- Communications - telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Charles Kimbell International is a member of Client Money Protect - Membership no: 000675 which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of Property Redress Scheme which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent's website or by contacting the agent directly. Please note that lettings agents are required by law to publish on their own websites: information for potential tenants about relevant fees, details of membership of a redress scheme and a client money protection scheme (including the names of those schemes).
Please note that lettings agents are required by law to publish on their websites information for potential tenants about relevant fees, redress schemes and client money protection schemes (including the names of those schemes). Relevant fees must also be published on third party websites, such as Rightmove. For properties to rent in England and Wales, details of the agent's membership of any redress scheme and client money protection scheme must also be published with their fees on Rightmove. It is the agent's responsibility to ensure that all relevant information is provided to Rightmove and is up to date and accurate. If the relevant information does not appear here, the agent may have included it within the property description.